Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Law (Criminology and Crime) University of Brighton
Moulsecoomb, United Kingdom permanent full time
- Contract Type: permanent
- Placed on: 26 May 2021
- Closes: 14 Jun 2021
- Job Ref: BB3083-21-132
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational lecturer to join the growing and vibrant Law department within the School of Business and Law, which is proud of its reputation for producing highly employable and adaptable graduates and postgraduates.
Join our diverse community of staff, where you will contribute to teaching on our LLB law and LLB law with criminology courses and our postgraduate law course and deliver innovative and engaging teaching, supervision and learning support to our students across both law modules and criminology modules. You may also be expected to teach across all levels of undergraduate and postgraduate (masters) degrees.
To succeed in the role, you will need:
- a relevant degree and postgraduate qualifications in law or equivalent professional legal qualification
- a publication record; actively engaged in research and scholarship or the potential to develop
- a PhD or demonstrable professional/commercial experience
- experience of teaching criminology and criminal law
- a commitment to educating students using a mixture of traditional and innovative teaching methods along with a track record of teaching in a blended learning environment
It is expected that you will actively engage in research and scholarship. If you have a PhD and can supervise at this level, you will have opportunities to develop as the University has an active programme for supporting early career researchers.
This is a permanent 1.00 FTE post.
The University is committed to an inclusive environment which embraces equality and diversity in our working, learning, research and teaching environment. We particularly encourage applicants from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background because the university is underrepresented by BAME staff.
Further information about working for us, as well as the wide range of benefits we offer, can be found in the working with us section of our vacancies page.
Committed to equality, embracing diversity.
Get Free Job Alerts in Your Email
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email